Sunday, September 11, 2011

Ohio Priory #18, Springfield, August 20th

Well I finally got to go to Priory.  This was the first time I did not have a conflict with a Grand Chapter function.  The Eminent Prior William Stratton is  close friend and I felt really bad about not being able to support him.

There were two candidates that were knighted at the meeting.  Illustrious Grand Master Lively, Right Eminent Grand Commander Clime and I were all asked to speak for a moment.   EC Clime, a member of the Masonic Home Board,  used his time to talk about the proposed dementia units that are hopefully coming to Western Reserve and Browning Masonic Communities.

After the meeting we retired to the picnic pavilion for a cook-out that sure reminded me of the York Rite Tea cook-out.   We had burger, hot dogs, potato or macaroni salad, baked beans and cookies.     There were approximately 90 in attendance for the cook-out which is a really nice group.

Unlike the trip home from the York Rite tea, Julia and I got home without being rained on.  This was nice for a change.

'til the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment