Saturday, June 25, 2011

70 Year Presentation, 6.21.11

On Tuesday, 6.21, I had the pleasure of presenting John R. Ball his 70-year membership plaque. Companion Ball is a member of Marysville Chapter #99.   Marysville Chapter joined Mt. Carmel Lodge #303 for an awards presentation.   The Lodge had 2 fifty-year and one sixty-year awards to present.


The evening started with a very nice meal cook by the Easter Star Chapter.   We had a nice salad, baked potato, green beans and pork loin that had been wrapped in bacon.   I don't believe I have ever had pork prepared this way but it was quite nice.   The bacon gave it distinct smokey flavor.


50-Yr. Award Presentation
  Immediately after dinner the lodge presented the three service awards.
50-Year Award Presentation

60-Year Award Presentation

 After the Lodge gave their awars Companion Bell was presented with his70-year plaque.  The picture to the right shows me with the Companions of Marysvlle Chapter.  Marysville Chapter is on of the smallest Chapters in the state with just under 40 members. Not counting Companion Bell there were 11 members present to honor him.  I think this was a wonderful showing for such a small Chapter.  The Companion to my left is EC Dave Balderson, High Priest of Marysville Chapter.   Davie and I worked for the same company in the 70s and it was nice to see him again.



And now the presentation of the plaque to Companion Bell.   You will note that he uses a walker.  I will tell you, however, he is one sharp gentleman. He told us that he joined Masonry in 1940 which I told him was a year before I was born.  Presentation of service awards is one of the best things about this office and this was one of the more memorable ones.

Well great food, good Companionship and the honor of presenting a 70-year plaque made for a good day.  Please note that I did not say anything about dry roads.   On the way home it stated raining lightly just about Delaware. By the time we reached Mansfield it was pouring and we were getting one heck of a lightning show.  I rained very hard with a lot of lightning the rest of the way to Medina.

'til the next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment