Monday, June 6, 2011

Melvin E. Jeffries, Allied Masonic Degrees, Council #463

On Tues, 5.31, Julia and I visited Melving Jeffries Council # 463 A.M.D.    They met at Charity Lodge in Deerfield, 51 miles for our house,  and the event was a steak fry.  I don't belong to this Chapter but know everyone that does and was invited to attend.   When my own A.M.D. meeting that night was canceled, we headed for Deerfield.

We got there around 6:00 PM and ate at 6:30 PM.   The cooks were John I. Miller, the Recorder and Bill "Billy Dan" Stratton, the Sovereign Master, and I must admit they did a fine, fine job.   My steak was cooked medium rare and was perfect.   Julia got a medium well and it was exactly as she wanted it.   Baked potatoes, served so hot you could hardly get the foil off them, and baked beans were served with the meal.   The was salad before the meal and sherbet after.  The steaks were not only cooked just as you asked for but tender enough to cut with a plastic knife.

After the meal there was a short, and I do mean short, meeting.

I could not have asked for a better substitute for my own A.M.D. meeting.   Dry roads, good fellowship, great food and a short meeting.   What more could a Mason ask for?

"till the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment