Sunday, July 10, 2011

Rainbow for Girls Grand Assembly, 6.7.11

On Thursday, 6.7.11, Bill Stratton and I headed to Gambier, Ohio.   This is the home of Kenyon College and the site of this year's Grand Assembly of Rainbow for Girls.   It is just east of Mt. Vernon. We got there way too early so we went just north of Mt. Vernon on route 3 to an ice cream store that I started visiting in 1959.   Route 3 was the way from home to Columbus prior to I-71 and I found this place on one of my trips back to Ohio State.   I've been stopping there every time I go through Mt. Vernon ever since.

After our chocolate malts, Bill and I went on to Kenyon College.  It is a beautiful campus with some really wonderful buildings.   The Grand Assembly was held in the Athletic Center.    I have been here twice for Job's Daughters.    I took a couple pictures prior to Grand Assembly knowing that since the bible is open during the meeting no pictures would be permitted.

 This is the picture of the west.  I really like the theme.












This is the east and as you can see is really decorated nicely.











I'm not sure exactly what time Grand Assembly opened because they put all the "distinguished " guests together in an auditorium waiting to be introduced.   Rainbow Dignitaries were: Mrs Linda-Lee Morris, Supreme Worthy Advisor and Mrs. Janice Morris, Supreme Deputy in Ohio.  the heads of O.E.S. and all the York Rite bodies were in attendance along with a representative of Scottish Rite.   Most Worshipful Brother Bradford A. Goebel was also present.  

The Grand Chapter of the Order of the Eastern Star presented scholarships to approximately 10 young ladies and MWM Steve Krekus also presented a scholarship.  I am proud to say that Bethany MacMillian from Medina Rainbow Assembly,  received an O.E.S. scholarship as well as the one presented by MWB Krekus. Congratulations Bethany!

It should be noted that one service project was Honor Flight.  The girls collected over $23,000 which is enough for two flights of veterans going to Washington D.C. to visit the various veterans' memorials.

The floor work at the opening and closing could only be classified as excellent.   The girls in their white dress looked great and they knew precisely what to do.

Every girl in attendance should be proud to be a member of this beautiful order.

'til the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment