Monday, July 11, 2011

The Third 70-Year Service Award, 6,11

Today I had the pleasure of presenting Companion Carl W. Anderson a 70-year award.   Carl also received a 65-year award form the Ancient Accepted Scottish Rite.


MEC Dale Ray, Grand Secretary & Ill. Bro. Dewey Jenkins

Carl is a member of Portage Chapter 202 in Barberton and the Valley of Akron.   He is living in a Senior Living Facility called "The Merriman" on Merriman road in Akron.  He is 97 years old and sharp as a tack.   He does have trouble walking and vision problems.   When I went up to him, he said he didn't know my name but that I was from Wadsworth Chapter.   As soon as I told him my last name he knew my first name.
  There was  a good number of friends and Brothers in attendance for the presentation.


Ill. Brother John Stevens and his wife















Ill. Bros. Easterling and Seabeck with Bro. Anderson
 The presentation of the Scottish Rite service award was by Ill. Brother James F. Easterling, Jr..   Ill. Bro. Easterling is the Deputy's Representative for the Valley of Akron and the Senior Grand Warden of Grand Lodge of Ohio.










After the A.A.S.R. presentation, I presented Carl with his 70-year Grand Chapter plaque.
 It was a hot, rainy day and look at the number of Brothers that were in attendance for the presentations!  It truly shows the respect that the Brothers have for Bro. Carl.









Presenting 50-plus service awards is one of the greatest joys you have as Grand High Priest.   Today was even a little bit more special as I have known Bro. Anderson ever since I joined the fraternity. 

'til the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment