Sunday, September 11, 2011

Another 70-yr Award

I almost missed the most important posting of all.   On Thursday, 9/8, Julia and I were off to Cincinnati to present a 70-yr award to Companion John Nullmeier of Cincinnati Chapter #1.

Before the meeting we had a nice dinner of fried or baked chicken with all the trimmings.  I got to meet our recipient and he told me something I found hard to believe.   In the 70 years he had been a member of the Grand Chapter of Ohio I was the first Grand High Priest he had ever shaken hands with.   I thanked him for giving me that honor and was just tickled by it.  He was having a hard time believing I drove from Medina to Cincinnati just to present him his award.  




The East
  After the dinner we went upstairs for the meeting.  It was Cincinnati's stated meeting so they had to open in the Royal Arch.   The Lodge Room is a nice room with what I think has an unique paintings in the east and west.   If you look about the chairs you will wee the sun rising and setting.








The West

After opening and introduction I presented Companion Nullmeier his 70-yr plaque.   He uses a walker to get around but believe me, he is as sharp as a tack and is 91years old.

This is my final presentation of the year and one I shall remember.   Nothing is more enjoyable for a Grand High Priest than giving out service awards, especially 65 and 70 year awards.
I excused myself after the presentation because the drive home was 3 hours and 30 minutes and got rained on most of the way to the meeting.   As luck would have it, we had dry roads all the way home for a change.

A great day.

'til the next time.

 

























No comments:

Post a Comment