Sunday, September 11, 2011

Supreme Council A.A.S.R.; August 27-31

On Saturday, 8/27, Julia and I boarded a bus at the Cuyahoga Falls Masonic Temple and we were off to Chicago for Supreme Council, A.A.S.R.    The bus trip was arranged by EC George Tilden of Cuyahoga Falls Chapter.   He and his wife Gloria and REC Richard McMasters and his wife Wilma saw too it that we ate all the way to Chicago.   Between stops to eat at McDonalds we had any type of snack you can imagine.
There were members of the Vallies of Akron, Canton and Youngstown on the bus.  We got to the Sheridan in Chicago around 3:30 PM Chicago time.  Saturday night you were on your own for dinner.

Unlike last year when I got my 33rd in Philadelphia, Julia and I had a some time for sight seeing.   We took a ride around town on one of the double deck buses, went to the aquarium and Navy Pier.  Julia and I were amazed at the number of people on the streets on Sunday.  I would suppose that it is because of the number of people that live in the city.

Sunday night the members of the Valley of Akron go out to dinner together.  This year it was to a restaurant called Sullivan's which is one of 8000, according to the tour bus guide, in the city.  I am embarrassed to say what I payed for my dinner but I will tell you I had the best steak I have ever had.   I had a 12 oz, bone-in, fillet.   I had never had a bone-in fillet and never a steak that will come close to the flavor and tenderness of this one.   Portions of the side dishes and desserts were extremely large and enough for two people.

Monday afternoon was the start of Supreme Council.   Sovereign Grand Commander McNaughton was everything done to have Inspiration, Convenience and Enjoyment.   He held to it at the meeting.   There was very little business conducted but rather entertainment.   There were some awards given out but that was about it.

Tuesday afternoon is the conferring of the 33rd degrees.  It was done in its normal exceptional manner with over 150 candidates.

Tuesday evening was the Ohio dinner where all those newly elected to receive the 33rd degree were announced.   The highlight of the evening is when those Brothers are called and informed of their election.

At 7:30 AM Wednesday morning we boarded the bus and headed home.   Nothing changed!   We ate our way from McDonald's to McDonald's on the way home.

A great trip.

'til the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment