Saturday, January 22, 2011

Ensawocsa Chapter No. 89 Inspection.


At 7:00 AM REC Nockengost and I left for Defiance to see Ensawocsa Chapter #89 inspected in the Past Master Degree.  Defiance is about 165 miles, 2 1/2 hours, west of Medina.   The temple is located downtown and was constructed in 1865 (I believe that is correct).   The Lodge room is on the second floor and is in the Egyptian motif.  During the last several months I had several Brothers ask me if i had ever been to Defiance Lodge and if I had not I was in for a treat.  It turns out to be true.   The Lodge room is very, very nice.   Click on the pictures to enlarge them and you can see some of the details.  

We joined a few of the Companions in the dinning room for coffee and cookies before going up to the Lodge room.

A lodge of Past Masters was opened in full form by RWB Kaufman and the degree of Past Master was conferred on one cnadidate.  Here my string of not seeing a Protem candidate ended.   Brother Eric Holzer was used as a protem.   The Chapter had a candidate that was supposed to receive the degree but could not attend.   REC King, inspecting officer, actually had his name on the inspection report.  So even though a protem had to be used today, the Chapter does have a new member in waiting.  I should point out the Brother Holzer is the son of Very Eminent Deputy Grand Commander Holzer who is still under the weather with the same flu he gave me last Saturday at the York Rite Co-operation meeting.  At least I'm blaming him for it.

We saw a very nice degree with minimal lost time.   The alter lecture was done well and REC King gave the Chapter a very satisfactory grade.

After the degree work REC King asked that I present some of MEC Steve Oliver's pins to 7 Companions of the District.   These were the Bible pins.   I also presented REC Ken Crouch and EC Kauffman one of MEC Oliver's red crosses.


After the degree we retired to the dinning room for a lunch of chile and pulled beef sandwich.   A great lunch for a good day.

'til the next time.
 





























No comments:

Post a Comment