Saturday, January 22, 2011

Mount Olive No. 189 Inspection

I decided the flu was behind me, no pun intended, and headed to Euclid for Mt. Olive's inspection in the Mark Master.  Euclid is on the east side of Cleveland and only about a 50 minute drive.  We have been having some snow but except for about 10 miles I-71 was just wet.   I-90 was almost dry so the ride up was uneventful.

There were 3 candidates for the inspection.   Now as many of you know the Mark Master does not lend itself to multiple candidates unless you have five and use an exemplar.  The Chapter did a decent job of running all three candidates but it still meant that those in attendance saw most of the degree three time last night.

EC Bob Hager did a nice job in the east and well as doing fine job with the lecture.  As can be seen in the picture the Grand Officers, both past and present, are still traveling.

After the degree refreshments were served in the dinning room.   Still not too sure my stomach was willing to hold anything I passed and headed home.

The trip home was a little nasty.  I took I-271 instead of I-90.   Bad decision!   The first ten miles were fairly ice covered and slippery.  It took me about 10 minutes longer than it should have but no problems.

An uneventful trip, a good degree and good Companionship made for another good night.

'til the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment