Thursday, January 6, 2011

Painsville #46 Inspection

Well Companions I managed to make another mistake.   I forgot to take my camera with me last night so there are no pictures of a very fine lodge building and room.  The building is fairly new and was designed by MWB Steven J. Krekus, Past Grand Master of Ohio.  I took a couple  of pictures with my Iphone camera just to see how they would come out but they are just too dark to post.   My apologies.

Any how last night RECs Nockengost, Young and Porter joined me and we went to Painsville #46's inspection in the Royal Arch Degree.  The Chapter opened promptly at 7:30 PM and did a fine job in the full form opening.  The High Priest, EC Clifford Wilson was a just a tad nervous which he said was due to all the gold setting on the north side of the Chpater room.   Once again the Grand Officers were out in force for an inspection.   Myself,  PGHP Donald Losasso, PGHP Bob Draye, REC Bob Thomas, REC Ralph Curtis, REC Bill Young, REC Ron Nockengost and REC Darell Porter (10th DDGHP) were all setting together on the north side.  I believe the only Grand or Past Grand that EC Wilson knew was coming was REC Thomas.

The degree started about 8:15 PM.   This was the third time I have seen work done in Painsville Chapter and I saw exactly what I thought I would.   A very fine Royal Arch Degree was portrayed for the 3 candidates, all new Royal Arch Masons.  This Chapter does something that I have never seen in any other Chapter.  When the cast comes out to assume their stations in the degree there amounts to a prologue that tells who is portraying the character and gives a insight into what his purpose is in the degree.  It is done very well and adds nicely to the degree.  It may add 6 or 7 minutes to the degree.

Another thing unusual was the splitting of the Principal Sojourner's part before and during the Journey.  Two Companions did this part and did it quite well.

The Chapter was closed at approximately 9:50 PM and all retired to the dinning room.  Painesville has a Brother that makes soup.    He told me he makes potato, split pea or vegetable soup for events like the inspection.  Now the  last time I had soup for refreshment I make the mistake of telling my wife it was better chicken noodle soup than what she makes.  This time I told her it was almost as good has her vegetable soup.

Another good night, easy trip and good food.

'til the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment