Wednesday, January 12, 2011

It is snowing again!

Well Companions I've had a few nights off from traveling.

First Monday was my Commandery's stated meeting.   We have a covered dish dinner with our Ladies prior to the meeting.   The Ladies take turns hosting the dinner and this was my wife's turn.   She and I made what she calls "mock Swiss steak" and mashed potatoes.   "Mock Swiss steak" is 1/3 pound hamburger patties cooked like Swiss steak.   We had 20 for the dinner which is about normal.    After the dinner the Sir Knights retired to the asylum and did a full form opening practice.   We made things just a little short so that some of us could get home to watch Auburn win the BCS bowl.

My       House
One of my bird feeders with a squirrel shield

My back yard looking at the lake
Tuesday I had planned to go to Newcomerstown and see Nugen Chapter's inspection.   Then they began predicting 4 - 6 inches of snow and we had 2 inches on the ground by 4:00 PM.    It is about 85 miles, 1 hr & 35 min, to Newcomerstown from Medina.  I decided to stick close to the house and did not go anywhere.  As it turned out we got about 6 inches of new snow by 6:00 A.M.  and another 2 inches today by noon.   I've used the snow blower twice today and the way it is snowing will probably do it again this evening.    The weather person on Fox just said we could possibly get another 4 to 6 inches in the secondary snow belt and up to a foot in the primary snow belt.  For those who don't know, Medina is in the secondary snow belt.

Tomorrow  I go to Willoughby Chapter which is in the primary snow belt.  It is supposed to taper off and possibly even be sunny tomorrow so the trip should be fairly easy.  It is only about an hour drive.  Friday is Symbolic Lodge and Saturday is York Rite Co-operation meeting in Delaware.

Lastly, remember that there is a memorial service for Jane Meridith at the Lynhurst Masonic Temple at 2:00 PM Sunday.

'until the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment