Sunday, February 20, 2011

Canton Commandery Inspection

Yesterday Julia and I went to our first Commandery Inspection of the year.   Unfortunately I only have one other KT inspection that I can go to this year.   Saturdays are at a premium. 


The Canton Masonic Lodge is only about 44 miles from home.  It is LARGE building just out of downtown Canton.  It is a 3 story building with the Scottish Rite asylum on the top floor, York Rite on the 2nd and Lodge rooms on the 1st.   The Scottish Rite asylum is beautiful room and maybe one of these days I'll go the the Valley of Canton just to get a few pictures.

The dinning room is in the lower level and is, to say the least, big.   I have been to quite a few dinners here and the room holds 400 with ease.
The picture is taken from a small balcony that is often used by musicians during dinners.   The long white table is the head table.  The area you see is about 1/4 of the dinning room. 

I have had a good number of meals here and I think I can safely say they have all been pretty good and served very well.





Registration for the inspection was just outside the York Rite room.  I am guessing that there were about 50 - 55 Sir Knights in attendance for the inspection.










Look to the west
  The York Rite room is a beautiful, large room as can be seen in the pictures.  One thing that I can attest to is the ability to heat the room.   They had the heat turned up yesterday.   I guess somebody thought we were all octogenarians and wanted us to be warm.   If that was the case, they were successful.

Looking to the east


Looking west to give a better idea of the size of the room
 The Order of the Temple started at promptly 2:00 PM, was done in very fine form and Canton Commandery now has a new Sir Knight.  Past Grand Commander Richard Palm was the inspecting officer and complimented them on the Order of the Temple.  

As per normal there was a break with refreshments at 4:00 PM.
  
The full form opening, with introductions, commenced promptly at 4:30 PM. 

There was a dinner at 6:00 PM that Julia and I did not attend.   It is my understanding that it was that standard Masonic meal of Swiss steak, mashed potatoes and green beans. 

Past Illustrious Master Fred Boggs and I did have a problem just before we left.  Julia and Carol were playing a new game called "Slap Uno" and there was no way that we could get them to leave until the game was over.  We threatened to leave them and they didn't care.  

Another good day with dry roads, good ritual and fine fellowship.

'til the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment