Sunday, February 13, 2011

Medina County No. 243 Inspection.

Because of the Grand Family meeting prior to the inspection, a dinner was held at 5:30 P.M.   It has sort of become a tradition that we have stuffed hot peppers served with spaghetti as the meal at our inspection.  We also have spaghetti without the peppers.  Julia and I are normally the cooks but since we were just a tad busy the Senior Deacon of Wadsworth Lodge 385 prepared the meal.  There was a choice of stuffed hot peppers, stuffed green pepper, meat sauce or you could get the noodle with butter.   There was also green beans served with the meals.   No masonic meal is completed unless the infamous green beans are included. There were 78 at dinner.

After the dinner an announcement was made that is not normally done until around the first of May.   I announced that the Grand Officers and PGHPs were supporting REC Ross R. Black, II, DDGHP of the 17th District for the position of Grand Master of the !st Veil this October at Grand Chapter.

After the dinner the ladies had a program about the General Grand Order of the Eastern Star offices in Washington D.C.    This was a DVD furnished by Cecil Lawson, Secretary of Medina O.E.S.   Julia tells me that it was a very nice program.

The Companions went up to the Lodge room for the inspection in the Most Excellent Master degree.   There are no pictures of the Lodge because I posted pictures several days ago when Wadsworth had its inspection.  Believe me, there has been no change since Wednesday.

There was one picture that I had to take!  Take a look at the semi-circle of Grand Officers in attendance!!  Altogether we had 23 Grand Officers at the inspection.   I don't think I have ever seen that many together except at Grand Chapter.  My comment was that my pin says "Be Proud" and last night I told these Grand Officers that I was so proud of them that I was busting my buttons. No Grand High Priest could ask for better group of Companions to serve with.

The inspection went well and Medina County Chapter No. 243 now has a new Most Excellent Master.

It is now about 9:00 PM.  Julia is in the dinning room with the Ladies and we have both been at the temple since around 7:45 AM.  It is time to head north to Medina and home.

It has been a great day,   Wet roads because it snowed again this A.M., good meetings, good food, a good inspection and best of all warm Companionship.   It just doesn't get any better than today.

'til the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment