Sunday, May 29, 2011

14th District Grand High Priest's Reception, 5.27.11

Friday night Julia and I were off to Newark for the 14th District's Grand High Priest's Reception.  Newark is 102 miles a little southeast of Medina.   Going down took 2 hrs and 25 minutes because of traffic.  It was not hard to tell that Friday was the beginning of the Memorial Day weekend.   I am not sure which was worse, traffic or the number of State Highway Patrol cars!   Going home took exactly 2 hours.

The Newark temple is downtown and is a older building.  We met in the dinning room on the third floor.   There was social time from 6 to 7 PM with the dinner at 7:00 PM.  We had the traditional masonic meal of salad, baked steak, mashed potatoes, corn rather than green beans and the biggest piece of chocolate or carrot cake that you can imagine.   A very nice and tasty meal.
Presentation of High Priest Certificates


 Around 7:45 PM REC Paine began handing out the District awards and High Priest certificates.

District Award Presentations























Just prior to dinner I was told that I was going to receive more enlightenment.  Now that usually means that I am going to be asked to do something or be told something that I really did not wish to hear.   Well it meant that I was the Installing Officer for the District Officers.   This was the third time I have been the I.O. and I kind of enjoy it now.

Prior to giving me the floor the District presented Julia and I each with a gift.   We thank them for that.

My talk continued to be about what is going on in Grand Chapter followed by a question and answer period.  Now sometimes the Q & A period is quiet and short with very few questions.   Not so here.  There a good number of questions which I hope I answered to everyone's satisfaction.

A very good night.    Good food, good Companionship and for a change, dry roads coming and going.   What more could you ask for.

"til the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment