Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Most Excellent Price Hall Grand Chapter Session

Saturday morning, April 30th, took me to Independence for the Most Excellent Prince Hall Grand Chapter of Ohio Royal Arch Masons Grand Session.   It was held at the Doubletree Hotel.

Using the Secretary's report I find that this Grand Jurisdiction has 17 Chapters and 797 members throughout Ohio.  The Grand High Priest is Most Excellent Companion Ray S. Robinson, KYGCH.   M.E.C. Robinson has attended several of our sessions and is well known to our Grand Chapter.

Prior to the opening of the Grand Session a Devotional Service is conducted by the Grand Chaplain.  REC Bob Thomas and I both attended the service which lasts about 1/2 hour.

The ritualistic opening of the session is quite similar to our own with a few different wrinkles thrown in.  It was done in fine fashion.

The business of the Grand Chapter was conducted on a very timely basis by MEC Robinson.  Everything happened at the time he said it was going to happen.  Just prior to lunch break, the heads of the Ladies groups and Scottish Rite were brought in and given a few moments to speak.

There were pictures taken just prior to lunch.   I requested that I get some of the pictures and will post them when I do.

REC Thomas and I had another meeting in Youngstown that evening and apologized to MEC Robinson for the necessity to leave after lunch.

I was given a honorary membership to the Most Excellent Prince Hall Grand Chapter and I would like to again thank MEC Robinson and the Companions of this Grand Chapter for that honor.

Lunch was more like dinner.   These Companions do know how to eat!!!   We had tossed salad, green beans, roasted potatoes, salmon, chicken, assorted pies, cheesecake and cake for lunch.   And all of it that I ate was good.  I was truly sorry that I could not attend the evening banquet because the Companions that I sat with said how much better it would be than our lunch.

This was a memorable and enjoyable morning.

'till the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment