Sunday, December 5, 2010

LaGrange #68 Inspection











Some day maybe I'll learn how to schedule visitations! From Elyria, George and I were off to Ironton for LaGrange Chapter's inspection. Just a little 248 mile drive with snow for about 150 miles. The temperature was around 28F so the roads stayed mostly wet but boy were some of the bridges starting to ice over. A fun drive!
We got to Ironton just in time for dinner. The ladies there did their normal fine, fine job of having a spaghetti dinner, with salad, garlic bread and dessert. If you don't get enough to eat, shame on you.
The inspection degree was the PM and the Lodge opened at 7:00 PM. We saw another nice degree that resulted in 3 new Past Masters.
Ironton Chapter had a few problems at last year's inspection. I was the inspecting officers and told them what I saw said they could do good work when they put in the effort. I promised that I would be at this year's inspection and hoped to see continued improvement in their ritual work. I was not the slightest bit disappointed. The improvement was not only there, it was very obvious that there had been some practicing done. I congratulate the Chapter for the improvement in the work.
The fine dinner and the marked improvement in the Chapter made the drive down well worth it.
Now the drive home. The snow had let up, the roads were mostly wet and off we went. No problems until we hit freezing rain just south of Mansfield. It last for about 5 miles and then we had dry or damp roads the rest of the way home.
'til the next time.




No comments:

Post a Comment