Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Still Sorry

Companions due to things beyond my control I'm still sitting here at home.   This past weekend we missed Pat Lively's reception.   My wife took ill and I ended up with 4 hours in the emergency room.  She is alright so we made plans for my stated KT meeting on Monday night for which Julia was the covered dish dinner hostess.   Now any of you who live in NE Ohio will know what I'm talking about.  Starting Sunday we got the dreaded "lake effect" snow!!   It is now 3:00 PM Tuesday and the dreaded stuff is still with us but finally tampering off.  It was predicted we would get about 12-16 inches of snow but we only got about 8.   It was the wind that caused problems.   We had consistent wind in excess of 20 mph and gusts over 40 mph.   The roads could not be kept clear so our Eminent Commander canceled last nights KT conclave.

Due to surgery, my wife and the snow, it has now been 9 days since I attended a Masonic meeting and I'm beginning to get withdrawal symptoms.  It ends tonight!   We have an inspection here in the 17th District, my home district, at Kent.  Five of us from my Chapter are taking a candidate for courtesy work.  I just hope I'm back on the road again.

'til the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment