Sunday, December 5, 2010

Zanesville #9 Inspection





Zanesville #9 Inspection On Monday, 11/29, George Nockengost, Bill Young and I headed out for Zanesville. Since George and I had been there for Priory just a few weeks earlier, I was not concerned that I had left my trustee GPS at home. As it turned out that was not a good thing. We got to the Zanesville Temple, the one that George and I knew about, just to find it dark. After a couple of phone calls we found out that the meeting was at the "old Temple" a few miles from where we where. After getting directions, off we went again only to get lost again. Another phone call tells us we are about 5 minutes from the Temple and we get more directions. Hurray, we finally find the the right Temple.

We are met by the elevator operator who takes us to the 6th floor York Rite room. What a gorgeous room. I'm going to take pictures galore. However, I forgot my camera! REC Paine has his and will email be pictures that he takes. I still don't have them so when I do get them I'll post them.


The inspection degree is the MEM. My string of Excellent inspections continued. One of the great things about traveling is that you get to see the same degree done so many different ways. The words are usually the same but the floor movements, costuming and floor work change. The floor work was different than I had ever seen and made for an interesting change. The Senior Warden had a key board at station and played the appropriate music during the degree. Not only did he play, he also sang. The music added tremendously to the the degree. Three new Most Excellent Masters received a beautiful degree.


After the inspection we were treated to a tour of the 4th floor Symbolic Lodge room. I am not even going to attempt to describe it! Hopefully a disk of pictures is being sent to me. When I get it, I will post pictures of what has to be one of the most elaborate Lodge rooms in the state of Ohio. Another thing that impressed my about the members of Zanesville Lodge and Chapter. They know the history of the building, their Lodge, their Chapter and of the many items that furnish the building.


Even though we got lost twice, we had a great visit with Zanesville Chapter.


'til the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment