Sunday, December 19, 2010

Lancaster No.11 Inspection

Right Excellent Companions Blankenhorn, Nockengost and Porter joined me Saturday for a trip to Lancaster.   The weather finally co-operated and we had dry roads and sunny skies all the way to and from Lancaster.

The Lodge building is a large brick structure and easiler recognizable as a Masonic Lodge.  We went into the back door and were in the dining room where there was coffee and donuts.
After visiting for a bit, I went upstairs and the first thing I see a wonderful libary.   It is absolutely as fantastic a library as I have seen in a small lodge.  If you look at the picture I think you will agree with me.

The lodge room is large and comfortable.   It is not what I would call fancy, but it is elegent and well maintained.

The inspection degree was in the Mark Master and was done with REC Ray Sharritts, Grand Chaplain, in the east.  When the degree was completed we had two new Mark Masters.  I have yet to see a protem candidate.

I gave the 9th Red Cross pin out.   The Chapter had a death and lost the Companion who normally did the Past Master Lecture and Charge.  A Companion stepped forward and learned bothe in just under a month.   This pin was presented not for ritualist work, but for dedication to Lancaster Chapter.

After the inspection, we retired to the dining room for home made vegetable soup.   Let me tell two things about the soup.  It was good!   And it was hot!
 
Another good day with a good trip, good Companionship, nice degree work and hot food.

'til the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment