Sunday, March 13, 2011

3rd District Grand High Priest Reception

Saturday, 3.12, Julia and headed for Lebanon and the 3rd District's GHP reception. We had a little detour to make to help out REC George Shell so we got to Lebanon by way of Fairborn. This was my first visit to the Lebanon lodge and I came away really impressed with the facility.  Right after I got to the Lodge I got nice tour.   Below a pictures with the captions of what they are.


Library
The Lodge has a rather extensive library of which it can be extremely proud.


The second room I saw was the "Historical Room" and has items form the lodge's history on display.   I have seen lodges with artifacts on display but never what I would call a small museum.


"Historical Room"


Looking to the east in the "Historical Room"
 Next I went up one more floor to the Lodge room.   It is a very impressive room.   Large and with enough seating for any function that a group may want to put on.  

 
Looking to the west

Looking to the east from the balcony

Look just about the globes in the first picture and you will what is a control panel for the lighting and sound in the entire room.  
The projector for the screen is mounted on the ceiling and is condtrolled from the master control panel.   You would be hard pressed to have a better audio, visual or lighting system than found in this room.



Our O.E.S. Ladies
 By the time I had my complete tour of the building it was time for dinner.   The O.E.S. Ladies did a fine job and served a tastely pork loin dinner.












Companions & Ladies doing what they do best, eat!

















After dinner we retired to the lodge room for a program presented by REC Richard Grimes.  

As can be seen in this photo the program was in full Confederate military attire.   He portrayed the life and times of Lewis Armistead from his first ambitions to join the military until his death at Gettyburg after Pickett's charge.  It was done in an absolutely fantastic manner.  

When I thanked him for his presentation I mentioned how it brought to mind MEC Steve Oliver's presentations and he told me that Steve is the one who suggested he do the
character.







It turns out that REC Grimes is not only excellent Character actor but does a pretty darn good job with glass design.   The 3rd presented Julia and I a lamp that he had made.   It is a wonderful momento of the evening and of our year.   We can not thank the District and REC Grimes enough for the gift.   The other gifts received that night were greatly appreciated and we thank you for them also.

What more can I say about last night.   We had dry roads on the way, good food, great fellowship, a warm place to stay for the night and dry roads again this morning.

"til the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment