Sunday, March 20, 2011

Saturday, 3.19.11

Well today turned into a Masonic day.    I left the house about 8:30 AM and headed for breakfast at the Wadsworth Masonic Temple.   Wadsworth No. 385 has a breakfast the first and third Saturday of the month as a fund raiser.   The money goes into a scholarship fund for a Wadsworth High student.   The breakfast costs $6.00 and you get two eggs, two bacon or sausage, a potato patty, toast, and two pancakes.   There is coffee, O.J. and tea.   Not a bad deal.   After breakfast naturally you have to set around and talk so I got home around 10:30.    The rest of the day I spent on the computer trying to catch up GHP work.
At 4:15 PM Julia and I headed for Northland Masonic Temple in Columbus.   This is on the northwest side and is exactly 100 miles for home.   We got there just prior to 6:00 PM.    At 6:30 PM a swiss steak or chicken breast dinner was served.   It was a nice meal.








Just after 7:00 PM the men headed upstairs for the meeting.   Now let me tell you, this is a big lodge room!  It is one of the biggest I have been in this year.   Now only is it big, it is nice.  If it had not been for the sound system I would have not heard anything from the east.   It seems that I forgot to wear my hearing aids.   MEC Don Losasso informed the Brothers of that fact and told them I was hearing impaired.

So far I have not said what kind of meeting I was attending.   Well tonight I became a member of Thomas Webb Smith York Rite Sovereign College of North America.  One of the other candidates was REC Ralph Curtiss, GM2V.


 I had sworn that I was not going to join another body but when I got invited to join Thomas Webb Smith I decided "what the heck" and here I am back in college.  I sure hope I like this college better than when I was at The Ohio State University many, many years ago.   If the ritual I saw tonight is any indication of the work this college does, I think I will be glad I joined.   I'm still trying to figure out what I'm doing in  a college without a football team.


The three of us in front were the night's candidates.   The back are officers of the College.


As I always say: dry roads, good food, good Companionship and good ritual makes for a good evening.

'till the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment