Thursday, March 17, 2011

Harrisville Lodge No. 137 Inspection

I belong to two Symbolic Lodges and tonight was the annual inspection of my second Lodge.  Harrisville Lodge No. 137 in Lodi, Ohio, was inspected in the Fellowcraft Degree tonight.  Here in the 20th District a Lodge of Master Masons is opened at 6:00 PM and goes to refreshment at  6:15.   Dinner is served at 6:30 and the Lodge reopened at 7:00 PM.  After introduction the Lodge of Master Masons is closed and the inspection degree opened.

Since today was St. Paddy's day the dinner was corned beef and cabbage.   Now Julia likes corned beef and cabbage and only cooks it once a year and that is on St. Paddy's day.   Needless to say I had dinner at home with her around 5:00 PM and then went to lodge.  I was told that the dinner was great.   Now I will you that since I wasn't there and since RWB Jim Zemancik doesn't eat corned beef and cabbage. RWB Mike Cecil said he ate enough to make up for Jim and I.  I feel sorry for his wife tonight.

As I said earlier the degree was in the Fellowcraft Degree.   Everyone in attendance, approximately 50 Brothers,  felt that the candidate received a very nice degree,   The DDGM, RWB Snyder,  was happy so that is really all that matters.

Tomorrow it is back to Harrisville lodge as it is our stated meeting and we are doing an Entered Apprentice for WB John Carpenter's son.    The young man will be starting radiation therapy for a brain tumor and the lodge wants to get started on the work before his treatments get under way.

No comments:

Post a Comment