Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Hoarce W. Wright #226 Inspection












Last night Julia and I headed for Worthington for Horace W. Wright Chapter #226's inspection. It was not a good night to travel! It is 107 miles from home to the Chapter. On the way there we had rain for about 75 miles and on the way home for about 100 miles. The last 50 miles on the way home Mother Nature added wind gusts just to make it interesting.
The inspection started with a dinner but since I wasn't sure I was going to make it, I did not make reservations so Julia and I stopped at a Bob Evans. I had a meat loaf dinner and when we got to the Lodge that was the inspection dinner. Theirs sure looked better than what I had at Bob Evans.


The inspection was at 7:00 PM and while we were upstairs the Ladies' had a program that was a movie about the twin towers. After the movie they played cards.


The inspection degree was in the Mark Master and let me tell you it was well done. They had 4 candidates so they had to do each one and there was not a minute of lost time between them. The Chapter was opened with the cast in robes and the degree started about 5 minutes after the last introduction. No wasted time.
When they started doing the individual work, they did not have a minute between sitting one candidate down and bring the next one in. I don't think I ever saw such efficient use of time.
REC Richard Snow was the Master Overseer and the "old marine" in him came out when he did his part. He did one of the best Master Overseers that I have seen. It earned him the little Red Cross. REC Hollback did such good job inflecting the penalty that he earned a little Red Cross.
All in all it was a great evening. Saw a Chapter get 3 new MkMs and another one get 1. Stopped in Delaware and got a Tim Horton's coffee. Yep, a real good evening.
'til the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment