Wednesday, November 17, 2010

State Wide GHP Reception
























































The state-wide GHP's reception is now behind the 17th District!! I'm sorry that I haven't got the pictures back from the young lady who took them. As soon as I get them I'll add them to this post.

It went well with only the slightest of problems. We had approximately 200 in attendance at the Galaxy Restaurant. The dinner was a choice of lemon butter scrod or pork loin in a apple cider reduction. Both were exceptionally well done. I can not say enough good about the staff of the restaurant. Mr. David Cavalier, the banquet manager, never quit walking around the dinning room making sure everything was in proper order and that everybody was satisfied with their meal. The meals were completely served in just over 10 minutes and they were served hot. As normal, Julia asked for a different dessert than what was on our table. We were served two platters of freshly sliced fruit. For those who don't know, she doesn't like chocolate and the dessert was double rich chocolate cake.

The Grand Illustrious Master, Grand Commander and Grand Master were in attendance and spoke just a few words.

Julia and I both have small families so the fact that our two grand kids were there was special. Dylan, 12, and Julia, 4, were on their best behavior and Grandma and Grandpa were really proud of them. I will make sure their pictures get in this post so everybody can see how good looking Dylan is and how cute Julia is. Dylan is a Russian child that was adopted at 6 months and Julia is a Guatemalan child adopted at 13 months. Julia and I love them and could not be prouder of them. Just to let you know that Dylan is a growing boy, he ate his dinner, my fish and his sister's pork. Then he got upset when his mom took him home before he managed a run at the hospitality room.

Now the day had to have some excitement and I provided it. At 3:00 AM Julia took me to the hospital with gull bladder problems. Luckily I got sent home with a prescription for happy pills that enabled me to get through the meetings and reception. I did take two naps though!

Stay tuned for the pictures!

'til the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment